This position assists the Head Coach in all aspects of coaching a Division II Baseball team with the goal of developing a regionally and nationally competitive program.
- Assist the Head Coach in recruiting talented high school and transfer student athletes consistent with NCAA and conference rules. This includes attending high school and summer games, and viewing recruits' film to identify prospects.
- Assist the Head Coach in implementing a training program that advances individual skill development and team performance.
- Provide quality coaching and instruction during in-season practices and competition as well as pre-season and off-season conditioning activities.
- Manage all opponent scouting reports, including preparing a written template and film edit for each opponent.
- Assist with travel arrangements for away contests.
- Assist with monitoring academic progress of student-athletes.
- Assist with the management of College-hosted NE10 and NCAA events.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum of two years' experience coaching at the college or high school level
- Experience with recruiting and/or monitoring academic progress of student-athletes is preferred.
- Participation in intercollegiate baseball at the varsity level is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with diverse constituents.
- Intermediate-level computer skills using a Windows-based operating system, MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Current Driver's License, with no more than 2 moving violation convictions and/or accidents within the past 40 months to meet the requirements for driving College vehicles.