- Must meet IHSA qualifications to coach per IHSA Constitution and By-Laws.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to education and district values.
- Experience as a coach in the activity sponsored preferred.
- Experience working in a high school setting preferred.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) preferred.
- Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers all student and parent requests or grievances through proper channels. Is aware of all meetings that require attendance.
- Assists the Head Coach in scheduling and providing transportation to contests, tournaments and other athletic events.
- Assists the Head Coach in the necessary preparation to hold scheduled sport events or practices and adheres to scheduled facility times. Coordinates program with maintenance and other school employees that may be involved.
- Assists the Head Coach in the distribution and collection of documentation to fulfill state and school district requirements concerning physical examination, parental consent, insurance requirements and any other matters dealing with athletic eligibility.
- Assists the Head Coach in distributing team rules, training rules and any other unique regulations of the sport to each athlete who is considered a participant.
- Provides for proper supervision of athletes at all practices, games and while traveling.
- Directs student managers and statisticians on respective teams.