The George Mason University, Intercollegiate Athletics Department, a member of the Atlantic 10 Conference, is seeking applicants for the position of Assistant Coach, Baseball. This is a full-time, 12-month position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Coach and provide administrative duties as directed by the Head Coach;
- Assist with the overall operation of the program;
- Recruit quality student athletes that represent George Mason University;
- Organize and train/develop athletes for competition;
- Monitor and support the academic success of athletes;
- Prepare and manage travel;
- Carry out other relative administrative duties, as assigned; and
Capable of building strong relationships daily.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience;
- Substantial demonstrated experience coaching, assisting or managing a baseball program at the collegiate or professional level;
- Strong communication and relationship building skills with players;
- Demonstrated consistent positive and professional attitude;
- Knowledge in all aspects of the game;
- Experience in recruiting players;
- Knowledge and experience of running high energy practices to maximize development.