Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assist with day-to-day duties: Assist in the planning, development, and direction of all team training and conditioning activities in the traditional segment at a level that will place the program in a position of competitive leadership in the Northern Athletics Conference.
- Provide instruction in technique and safety procedures in adherence with NCAA regulations and Sports Performance expectations in the declared playing and practice seasons.
- Serve as game day manager for Benedictine University Athletics and the Sports Complex.
- Assist with all event responsibilities including set up and take down and overseeing events.
- Responsible for initiating contact with all visiting athletic teams to identify gameday needs. Coordinate the setup and take down for home athletics events.
- Implementation and organization of student-athlete services program.
- Partner with the student success center and coaching staff in providing academic services for student-athletes.
- Partner with Student-Athlete Services to assist students with daily needs and services.
- Create a “watch” list each term, as well as monitor class attendance and term progress reports.
- Coordinate with Student-Athlete Services to inform faculty of student-athlete absences.
- Assist with the retention of student-athletes through social and academic counseling and interaction with the University retention team and coaching staff.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required, Master's Degree Preferred
- Experience: Previous collegiate coaching preferred.
- Specific Skills: Knowledge of NCAA Division III philosophy, recruitment, rules and regulations.
- Specific Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications: Yes. Organizational skills, writing and typing skills, interpersonal skills, data entry, and budget management skills, and demonstrated supervisory skills. Valid Driver’s License is required. CPR certification is preferred.
Benedictine University does not discriminate in its admissions or educational policies, programs or activities; scholarship and loan programs; athletic and other University administered programs or employment practices on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.