- Organize appropriate and effective strategies for teaching sports skills and sports management systems.
- Develop high caliber and quality athletic instruction suitable to the respective sport being coached.
- Teach fundamental sports skills.
- Secure and maintain parental permission, proof of insurance, and other necessary documentation to validate student athletic eligibility and participation.
- Handle athletic injuries in a reasonable and prudent manner.
- Protect the integrity of equipment associated with the program, which includes securing such equipment exclusively for school use unless approved by the Principal and/or Roane County Central Office (through appropriate requests for community use procedures).
- Supervise participants and discipline the team appropriately throughout the duration of practices and competitions, including effective supervision of any sports locker room(s) being utilized until the last person has departed and the room has been secured. The Head Coach assumes responsibility for team conduct at all times during assigned sports activities. Strictly prohibit any hazing or initiation activities.
As required by federal laws and regulations, the Roane County Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, disability, age, or national origin in employment or in the administration of its educational programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.