Brown University invites applications for the position of Assistant Coach, Baseball. This is a part-time, varied hours, position that assists the Head Baseball Coach. Practice preparation and organization, working primarily with the pitchers, a very limited amount of recruiting, assisting with the day-today office operations and compliance with all NCAA rules, especially those pertaining to baseball, as well as compliance with Ivy rules as well. Required to be at all fall on field practices and games, certain strength and conditioning sessions and all spring contests and practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree, required.
- 1-3 years coaching experience with a competitive club, high school or collegiate program; Prior collegiate coaching experience preferred (and/or a combination of coaching & competitive playing experience)
- Prior pitching experience and/or coaching pitchers, preferred.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication & computer skills, necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and relate well to students.
- Excellent sport specific technical, tactical and strategic knowledge.
- Possess a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Basic proficiency in excel, word, internet & email capabilities.
- Prior experience with video & software, helpful.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.