Canisius College invites interested and qualified persons to apply for the position of Assistant Coach for Baseball. Canisius is a member of the Division I Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference. The Assistant Coach reports to the Head Coach for Baseball.
- Background working with pitchers is preferred.
- Identify, evaluate and recruit prospective student-athletes.
- Instruct and evaluate well-prepared student-athletes.
- Promote an atmosphere of compliance within the program through strict adherence to NCAA, MAAC and university rules and regulations through monitoring of program activities, active involvement and commitment to continuous rules education, timely submission of compliance-related documents, and immediate reporting of any knowledge of potential rules violation involving self or others.
- Assist in preparing practice plans, implement practice plan, review post practice.
- Assist with academic advisement, monitoring and development of student-athletes.
- Assist with team travel and recruiting trip arrangements.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Competing and/or coaching experience at the Division I level is preferred.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations is preferred.
- Previous experience supervising, communicating with, and instructing student-athletes is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to work with a diverse population of student-athletes, parents, coaches, and administrators.