Manhattan College an NCAA Division I institution and member of the Metro-Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC), is seeking a qualified candidate for a part-time position as Assistant Coach for the Baseball Program to recruit, develop and retain qualified student-athletes and assist in all aspects of conducting the program.
- Assists in identifying and recruiting prospective student-athletes.
- Responsible for practice preparation and setup of game day field.
- Assists with the organization of team meals.
- Assist with the Strength and Conditioning Program for student-athletes.
- Utilizes ARMS software system.
- Attends regularly scheduled department meetings.
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of sport equipment.
- Works with baseball student-athletes on Summer Baseball Programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years of coaching experience at the Division I level.
- Assertive, motivated, outgoing and resourceful with the ability to maintain a professional demeanor while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Thorough knowledge of all NCAA, MAAC and institutional governing conduct of intercollegiate athletics.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with campus constituents.
Manhattan College is committed to ensuring equal access to its educational programs and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, sex/gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/partnership status, disability, age, citizenship status, veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics, caregiver status, credit history, arrest/conviction record, unemployment status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence, or stalking, or any other legally protected status.