- Bachelor’s Degree.
- One to Five years of coaching experience on collegiate or high school level.
- Worked as a graduate assistant coach or volunteer coach to gain coaching experience.
- Effective written/oral communication.
- Ability to work effectively with all intercollegiate personnel, students, alumni and community.
- Sound judgment and maturity.
- Must be knowledgeable of NCAA rules and regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the head coach in administering a highly competitive Division I baseball program.
- Keep abreast of changing rules, techniques, technologies, and philosophies relevant to their sport.
- Assist with instructing individuals or groups on sports rules, game strategies, and performance.
- Evaluates and recruits qualified student-athletes.
- Assist with coordinating the travel arrangements and travel with the team during away contests.
- Assist with all aspects of the team, including strength and conditioning, practicing, competition and scheduling.
- Commits to and is responsible for adhering to all rules and regulations set forth for the team, the University, the SWAC and the NCAA with the utmost integrity.
- Works cooperatively with personnel in the athletics department, always present the University positively when interacting with the community, alumni, high school and AAU coaches, media and general public.
- Assist with the academic process.