This is a full-time, 10 month professional position which is responsible to the Head Baseball Coach and Director, Intercollegiate Athletics. Tyler Junior College is a member of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and home to 68 National Championships.
- Assisting the Head Baseball Coach in coaching the intercollegiate baseball team in a highly competitive NJCAA division I athletic program.
- Recruiting of student-athletes.
- Giving academic support and counseling to student-athletes.
- Assisting as needed drug education, counseling and testing.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Head Baseball Coach and Director, Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Associate degree or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years experience in a comparable position desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication, human relation, organizational, interpersonal and administration skills essential.
- Must be able to be independent, respect confidentiality, problem solving, and maintain courtesy in dealing with students, faculty, staff and visitors.
- College work experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Must be committed to affirmative action, gender equity, and the academic success of the student-athletes
- Must have a desire and commitment to support the mission of the college.