Assume the primary lead with respect to the coordination of the recruitment of prospective student-athletes. Recruit off-campus and conduct evaluations and home visits. Coordinate campus visits for potential student-athletes. Insure program compliance and reporting relative to recruitment activities. Assists the head coach in the coordination of administrative areas of program management including, but not limited to, scheduling of competitions and practices, travel plans, equipment.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred. Relevant coursework/formal training required.
- Prior coaching experience, college level experience including recruiting and camps/clinics preferred.
- Academic advising experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, knowledge of and commitment to student athlete development and demonstrated knowledge of baseball.
- Coordinate activities through the Head Baseball Coach.
- Assist with strength and conditioning program.
- Assist with JV program as assigned by head coach.
- Assist the head coach on varsity game days.
- Assist in the recruitment of players for the team. Includes overnight, weekend, and out-of-state travel.
- Responsible for maintenance of baseball grounds and surrounding areas as assigned by head coach, including summer fieldwork (water/mow/weed-eat/trash pickup, etc.).
- Assist with maintenance and supervision of the Multi-Purpose building, weight room, and locker room as assigned by the head coach.
- Assist with summer try-outs as necessary.