The Assistant Coach, Baseball will work compatibly and cooperatively with the staff and personnel in the university and athletic department.
Position Specific Responsibilities:
- Plan and conduct team and individual practice and training as directed. Assist in scheduling, travel arrangements, budget, home event management, and facility use as directed. Work with selected athletic department staff to achieve goals as required/requested.
- Recruit athletically and academically qualified student-athletes, develop and establish recruiting areas and networks, and monitor initial and continuing academic eligibility.
- Conduct all aspects of programs in accordance with the rules and policies established by Loyola Marymount University, the Athletics Department, the West Coast Conference, and the NCAA. Complete all compliance information as directed by the Associate Athletics Director-Compliance.
- Project a positive image of athletics and the university within the LMU community and the extended community. Assist with fundraising, marketing, and promotional activities. Develop and establish a community involvement and participate in public relations activities.
- Participate in LMU Summer Camp program as appropriate. Provide leadership to the Athletic Department by encouraging support of athletic programs and actively supporting them with attendance at events.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
NCAA, Conference, and University Rules Compliance:
- Conduct all aspects of program in accordance with the rules and policies established by Loyola Marymount University, the Athletics Department, all Sports Conference Affiliations, and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
- Complete all rules compliance information as required.
- Participate in an annual evaluation of adherence to rules compliance (LMU, Athletic Department, Sports Conference Affiliations, NCAA) with immediate supervisor.
- Conduct evaluation of adherence to rules compliance (LMU, Athletic Department, Sport Conference Affiliations, NCAA) with all assigned personnel on an annual basis.program as appropriate. Provide leadership to the Athletic Department by encouraging support of athletic programs and actively supporting them with attendance at events.
- Demonstrated coaching expertise in planning and directing a skilled and successful athletic team.
- Fundamental understanding and knowledge of sport skills, teaching and training techniques, organizational skills, personnel management and staff development, financial planning, interpersonal skills, computer skills, and NCAA rules.
- Proven ability to interact with wide array of socio-economic backgrounds, work within the policies and procedures of the university environment, establish and manage goals, operate as a team player within a group.
- Ability to travel long distances via a variety of modes for several days.
- Typically a Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred.