This position assists with the coaching, organization, administration and development of a successful college athletic program. The individual must comply with all rules and regulations of the NCAA, the University Athletic Association, Washington University, as well as those of the baseball team.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists in the planning and implementation of details in all aspects of the baseball team, including team organization and make up, player selection and evaluations, practice planning and implementation, and game planning and strategy.
- Represents the University at campus, alumni and community functions.
- Coach/instruct team members individually, and in groups, and demonstrate sport related skills and techniques.
- May coach/manage a designated skill development area or group of positions.
- Evaluates individual player skill performance and provide instruction in areas of deficiency as required.
- Reviews video to evaluate skills and determine needed areas of development.
- Supervises and organizes the baseball team as determined by the head coach.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous coaching or playing experience in respective sport.
- Successful passage of Annual NCAA rules test.
- Current CPR, AED and First Aid certifications.
Washington University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability status, protected veteran status, national or ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation. Women, minorities, protected veterans and the disabled are strongly encouraged to apply.