- Clearly and consistently articulates a shared commitment to the IB’s mission and philosophy.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the IB learner profile and commitment to international-mindedness.
- Plan, organize, and direct a designated York Academy sports program.
- Instruct and demonstrate skill sets and techniques necessary for individual and team development.
- Ensure that team rules and regulations regarding conduct and eligibility of the athletes are clearly communicated and followed.
- Develop and coordinate a game schedule with the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association (PIAA) or other sports clubs/entities, as necessary. Partner with school leadership to communicate and distribute schedules to students, staff and the community.
- Plan, organize, advertise, and conduct tryouts for the sports program; inform Upper School leadership and participants of final selections. Maintain the integrity of the selection process.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, WORK RELATED EXPERIENCES:
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- Pennsylvania Teaching Certification Required, appropriate for level and/or subject area of assignment.
- Knowledge of athletics and PIAA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching children from diverse backgrounds using culturally responsive pedagogy.
- Knowledge of instructional strategies recommended for International Baccalaureate schools.
- Operational knowledge of the Internet and web-related technologies.