Southwest Virginia Community College located in Richlands, Virginia, is seeking an Assistant Coach – Basketball for the Athletics Department. Position will report to the Athletic Director.
- Recruiting athletically and academically qualified students.
- Retaining students in the program.
- Planning and conducting practices.
- Fundraising; budget preparation and management.
- Other secondary duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years of basketball coaching or playing experience at the high school level.
- Must be computer literate.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends
- Must be knowledgeable of NJCAA regulations and must be committed to adhering to all NJCAA, VCCS, and institutional regulations.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to work under challenging physical conditions.
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.