- Develops and administers or assists with the administration of the activity or program throughout the school year including the student selection process, recruitment, training, practices, performance sessions and/or games.
- Participates in the schedule developed by the Athletics Department.
- Monitors the ongoing program to insure compliance with all pertinent Cleveland Metropolitan School District policies and procedures.
- Attends all required organizational meetings conducted by the Athletics Department.
- Valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certificate is required.
- The Ohio Department of Education mandates that any person receiving a supplemental contract to supervise, direct or coach a pupil activity must be certified in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and hold a pupil activity validation (PAP) certificate. All athletic directors have been provided with information relative to securing these certifications. Applicants may contact the athletic director at any District middle or senior high school or the Office of Interscholastic Athletics to obtain this information.
- Previous successful coaching experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport/activity and a willingness to seek out new techniques, aspects or procedures for the sport/activity preferred.
CMSD provides equal opportunities for employment, retention and advancement of all personnel by administering all terms and conditions of employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, sex, disability or genetic information, age, citizenship status, military status, sexual orientation or expression, socio-economic status, title, other dimensions of identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.