The Assistant Coach, Basketball Operations provides day-to-day oversight of administrative & operational functions for the basketball program. This position works closely with the head coach and basketball coaching staff, in the overall direction of a successful, Division I basketball program.
- Assists the Head Coach in various administrative assignments.
- Manage day to day operations of Basketball office.
- Coordinate travel and meals for team, coaches and associated personnel.
- Schedule meetings, practices and other team functions.
- Manage time management plan and related software for basketball.
- Coordinate recruiting visits for prospective student-athletes.
- Serve as liaison between basketball office and other offices in the Athletic Department (AcademicServices, Facilities, Business, IT, Athletic Communications, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred in field related to Physical Education, Recreation, Kinesiology, and/or Sports Management.
- Direct knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations required.
- Five or more years of collegiate basketball playing and/or coaching experience, preferably at the Division I level or the professional level.
- Basketball knowledge, strong organizational and motivation skills, and excellent oral and written skills required.
- Strong interpersonal, management and communication skills.