Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coaching and teaching our student-athletes.
- Collaborating with each of the athletic support areas that directly impact the Athletic Program
- Promotes an environment that fosters inclusive relationships and creates unbiased opportunities for contributions through ideas, words, and actions that uphold the principles of the USC Code of Ethics.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- This position is responsible for coaching members of the athletics team, both individually and in groups, teaching all aspects of Beach Volleyball to ensure the development of the students’ fullest athletic potential.
- The Assistant Coach assists in the overall planning and execution of the beach volleyball program, assisting in the recruiting process, monitoring and maintaining student-athlete discipline, scouting opponents, and working with the booster program in fundraising efforts.
- This position also monitors the progress and needs of student-athletes, coordinates off-season conditioning programs, promotes the athletic program overall as well as the specific sport, and participates in departmental activities, as required.
- 3-5 years coaching experience at the college level, preferably in Division I or equivalent playing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Complete understanding of Pac-12 and NCAA rules and regulations.
- This position requires a high level of physical activity in the instruction of skills and requires the person to have a high skill level in beach volleyball techniques.
- Administrative skills, including interpersonal relations are essential to the job.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy.