- Assists the head coach in the day-to-day administration including planning practice sessions, conducting practice drills during workouts, supervising athlete weight training programs and skill development, as well as attending during home and away contests.
- Prepares, plans, conducts, and evaluates practice sessions, as directed.
- Teaches advanced level skills and game strategies.
- Instructs individuals and groups of players specific tasks and skills before, during and after practice, during season and off-season.
- Teaches player-to-player defense and offense, progressions and drills during daily practice time.
- Scouts future opponents by film, watching games, and/or telephone reports. Retrieves video tapes of future opponents to develop scouting reports in order to provide consultation and expert advice to head coach and team members.
- Recruits student athletes in assigned territory. Negotiates scholarship offers with prospects as authorized.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience as an athlete, coach or athletic administrator.
JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.