This job assignment assists in instructing student athletes in a specific sports activity and providing leadership in helping each participating student achieve a high level of skill, and appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship and an increased level of self-esteem.
Education and Experience:
- Valid Illinois Driver's License;
- Successful completion of a Criminal Justice Fingerprint Clearance;
- Successful completion of Bloodborne Pathogens Training/Hepatitis B Shots Series Training;
- Current teacher certification or substitute certification in the State of Illinois, or complete the American Sports Education Program (ASEP) coaching certification set forth by the Illinois High School Association (IHSA);
- May be required to obtain First Aid/CPR Certification.
- Assists head coach in planning and scheduling a regular program of practice in season in accordance with District policy and Illinois High School Association (IHSA) rules/ regulations;
- Assists head coach with end of year inventory and award information as requested;
- Assists head coach with team rosters as requested;
- Assists in managing athlete behavior during all athletic practices, competitions, and events;
- Assists in overseeing the safety conditions of the facility/area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times, especially, when students are present;
- Assists the head coach in assigned sport and associated activities;
- Assists the head coach, when necessary, in scheduling contests and transportation where applicable;
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for successful performance;
- Enforces discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times and assists in establishing and overseeing penalties for breach of such standards by individual students;
- Ensures appropriate dress at practices and events.