- Assist the head athletic coach with student athlete supervision during practices, games, and event-related travel.
- Assists with planning game strategy.
- Assists the head coach with educating student athletes in the rules and regulations of the sport.
- Supervises the proper use of equipment and technique for the sport.
- Leads small group or individual training sessions as instructed by the head coach.
- Keeps head coach informed of students’ athletic performances.
- Participates in special events such as banquets, pep rallies, and senior/awards nights.
- Distributes uniforms and equipment to student athletes as instructed by the head coach.
- Attends professional development events to improve coaching skills.
- Ensures nondiscriminatory practices.
- Previous experience as an assistant soccer coach or related participation in the sport.
- Thorough knowledge of the game and current coaching techniques.
- Complete understanding of the rules, strategies, and regulations of the sport.
- Proven ability to coach and supervise student athletes.