Punahou School is actively recruiting an Assistant Coach for the Boys JV Volleyball Team. The Assistant Coach position is responsible for assisting the head coach with organizing the needs of the sport within the Athletic Program. This position assists with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student athletes in game strategies and techniques. The ideal candidate will have previous experience coaching a Volleyball team in an educational setting, good communication, and organizational skills, physical ability to demonstrate positions usual to the sport, and a positive and effective track record of coaching performance.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED). Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- One (1) year of positive and effective experience with a track record of leadership in a successful interscholastic program as a coach, or other related athletic experience.
- Background in teaching preferred, with experience working with adolescents.
- Knowledge of the value of athletics and competition at the intermediate and high school level.
- Substantial knowledge of the game as demonstrated through the development of comprehensive practice plans, offensive and defensive schemes, implementation of off-season expectations for student athletes, and the implementation of effective and contemporary teaching/coaching practices.