- Supervises the student athletes in his/her program
- Through proper preparation and planning, students are appropriately ready for competition
- Supervises/manages off season programs to help players enhance their abilities
- Serves as a role model for students
- Assists the Head coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head coach.
- Assesses player’s skills, monitors players during competition and practice, and keeps the head coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
- Assists with determining game strategy.
- Assists the head coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Love what you do, bringing your experience as a player or as a coach to the students at RSU 21.
- Must have knowledge and expertise in the strategies, methods and techniques for a successful sport offering.
- Should have the ability to manage all aspects of a sport program and earned or will earn credentials of Maine Coaches; employment in the Kennebunk School Department preferred.