Coach Junior Varsity team and assist the varsity head coach with all other aspects of the boys lacrosse program, including but not limited to setting up practices, games, and schedules for the program; supervision of athletes at practices and games.; care and maintenance of program equipment; arranging team transportation; working with booster club and regular meetings with other coaches to evaluate goals of the overall program.
- Strong work ethic and dedication to furthering the benefits of participation in co-curricular activities.
- Leadership skills including but not limited to organization, vision, motivation, and conflict resolution.
- Ability to work with student athletes, parents, staff, and community.
- Can verify substantial knowledge of the rules and technical aspects of competitive lacrosse; and
- Can verify substantial knowledge of Minnesota High School League rules.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows the fundamental philosophy, skills and techniques to be taught by staff.
- Maintains discipline, adjusts grievances and works to increase morale and cooperation.
- Performs such other duties as assigned by the Activities Director.
- Leads the necessary preparation to hold scheduled sporting event or practice and adheres to scheduled facility time.
- Makes sure all participants have proper forms turned into the athletic office before they begin practice.
- Leads recommendations towards new policy, method or procedural change.
- Provides proper safeguards for maintenance and protection of team equipment.