SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for the distribution and security of all athletic equipment and uniforms.
- Strong understanding of fundamentals and rules of sport.
- Provide direct supervision of participants during and after practice and games until they leave the school premises.
- Conduct himself/herself and the program in a professional manner.
- Report all injuries on the correct accident form and see that proper attention is given to injuries.
- Ensure that each participant has had a physical and is covered by insurance before participating in practices.
- Comply with all rules and regulations of the W.I.A.A. and the local league.
- Emphasize safety precautions and instruct team members in the rules and techniques of the activity.
- Enforce all rules of the Toledo Activity Code.
- Enforce discipline and sportsmanlike behaviors at all times, and establish and oversee penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Cooperate with the media and parent groups
- Supports head coach’s strategies and philosophies on and off the playing fields.
- Supports mission/direction of varsity program by aligning techniques/methods/philosophies.
- Communicates safety concerns with head coach and/or athletic director.
State/District Mandated Requirements:
- Valid First Aid/CPR/AED card or ability to attain one
- Fingerprinting (paid by employee)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Reports to: Athletic Director & Head Coach