The Assistant Coach assists the Head Coach in all aspects of the club sports teams programming for practices, games, administrative organization of team rosters, equipment, conduct and team travel.
- Assists the Head Coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations equipment and techniques of the club and intramural sports.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the Head Coach.
- Assesses player’s skills, monitors players during competition and practice, and keeps the Head Coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
- Assists with determining game strategy.
- Assists the Head Coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials and spectators.
- Maintains the equipment in orderly condition.
- Distributes equipment, supplies and uniforms to students as directed by the head coach.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to represent the College in a positive, professional manner.
- Ability to interact with a diverse set of individuals and groups representing a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of stakeholders like, referees, club sports association members, athletic trainers, COCC staff, and students.
- Ability to work cooperatively with, and contribute to, a diverse workplace through ideas or experience.
- Ability to display patience in interactions with students and community visitors who do not have experience with the educational process.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, using English language with or without the use of auxiliary aids or an interpreter.