Under the direction of the Head Coach, the Assistant Coach is responsible for all aspects of the development and administration of a successful NCAA Division III Intercollegiate Cross-Country Program. The program will be conducted in accordance with all College and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC), rules, regulations, and policies.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in a related discipline from an accredited four-year collegiate institution.
- One to two years of Cross-Country coaching experience at the club, high school or college level.
- Experience in coaching and knowledge of the fundamentals, tactics, and strategies of coaching cross-country with ability to recruit talented players for the program.
- Knowledgeable and current on all College rules and regulations concerning eligibility and recruiting related to cross-country.
- Ability to handle emergency situations involving students.
- Current driver's license and good driving record.
- Practice planning with coach;
- In season and Out of season conditioning;
- Assure proper safety equipment and safety practices are implemented; attend practices; assure skills and game strategies are effectively taught in conjunction with Head coach.
- Ability to travel with the teams for practices and races.