The Assistant Coach must have a commitment to the mission of the UC San Diego distance program, to maximize the athletic, interpersonal, and academic potential of our scholar-athletes by helping them to leave the comfort of previous experiences in the pursuit of new areas of growth, while being mindful of their impact on those around them, in order to become the optimal version of themselves.
- A Bachelor's Degree; or an equivalent combination of education and experience to demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence in both academics and athletics, as well as to understand the needs of students balancing the requirements of academics and athletics.
- Recruiting experience with student-athletes that are at a high-academic and high-athletic level.
- Demonstrated ability to teach specified sport to individuals and the team as a whole.
- Ability to follow work schedule as outlined by Head Coach and department.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of sound principles and rules governing specified sport. Personal experience with specified sport.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.