- Provide direct leadership and organization for the assigned sport/activity.
- Provides direct ongoing supervision of all athletes and mangers before/during/after all practices/conditioning sessions, games, travel and other school sanctioned events.
- Develops appropriate objectives for the assigned sport/activity.
- Develops a written copy of duties and expectations.
- Maintains current knowledge of WIAA, state, league and district rules and regulations related directly to the assigned sport/activity, student participation and parent/community involvement.
- Manages the sport/activity budget, equipment and supply inventory, orders all necessary equipment and ensures all equipment and facilities are maintained in a safe condition.
- Arranges for and manages all equipment repair and maintenance as required by manufacture, insurance provider and district.
- Successful prior experience as head or assistant coach in designated sport/activity.
- Skills required to motivate student athletes, communicate with individuals and groups from varied educational and cultural backgrounds, direct and evaluate performance of assistant coaches and support personnel, organize and manage all aspects of assigned interscholastic sport/activity, and support district/building philosophy/goals and objectives for student activities.
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint Clearance, Current First Aid/CPR certification, Current WIAA/OSD Head Injury/Concussion Education.