An Assistant Coach of the Valor Christian Athletics exists to prepare tomorrow’s leaders to transform the world for Christ within the platform of the sport. As a committed follower of Jesus Christ, the Coach will provide excellent support of the program including intentional development of the athletes’ faith in Jesus Christ and excellence in Christian Character, while instilling great work habits, and teaching, stressing and monitoring the primacy of Academics.
- Pursue full devotion to Christ and live a life that reflects that authenticity.
- Model the fruits of the spirit in communications, relationships and daily work.
- Demonstrate teachability and a willing heart for service.
- Embody others-centered, servant-leadership in all interactions.
- Accept and uphold Valor’s values and beliefs as found in the Statement of Beliefs, Christian Community Policy, and Valor Culture Document.
- Accept and abide by all affirmations in Valor’s Annual Statement of Commitment.
- Be relationally involved in the life/lives of our students with a heart of service and mission.
- Seamlessly and deliberately integrate Biblical truth and Christian values into daily work.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Coaching experience in the particular sport.
- Experience in mentoring student-athletes.
- All Valor staff must be trusted to maintain confidentiality in all matters of school business.
- Must be able to relate with high school athletes.
- Ability to effectively communicate with parents and other coaches.