The assistant coach is responsible for assisting the head coach in developing and maintaining a successful NJCAA Cross Country program.
- Recruiting athletically and academically qualified students.
- Retaining students in the program.
- Planning and conducting practices.
- Fundraising; budget preparation and management.
- Other secondary duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years of cross country coaching or playing experience at the high school level.
- Must be computer literate.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends.
- Must be knowledgeable of NJCAA regulations and must be committed to adhering to all NJCAA, VCCS, and institutional regulations.
- Valid driver's license.
- Must be able to work under challenging physical conditions.