St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the position of assistant cross country and track coach. The assistant coach will assist the university in meeting the specified goals of the mission statement and the athletic department through professional management of the cross country and track programs
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Travel nationwide for competition and recruiting.
- Make strategic decisions for competition situation for athletes in various events.
- Counsel student-athletes concerning academic progress.
- Assist in the overall recruiting strategy and implementation of evaluating, identifying and recruiting quality student-athletes; correspondence with prospective student-athletes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Baccalaureate degree, preferably in Physical Education, Kinesiology, Sports Management, or Exercise Science; Master's Degree preferred. USTFCCCA Track & Field Technical Certification or higher preferred.
- Successful background in coaching and/running cross country or track; preferably at the NCAA level.
- Ability to successfully pass NCAA recruiting examination within one month of hire.
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action.