- Assist in the organization and conduct of all practice sessions, conditioning, and other sport-related workouts.
- Provide coaching to the student-athletes during the conduct of all home and away competitions.
- Provide supervision and support to the student-athletes during travel to away events.
- Assist in the provision of a leadership/mentor role among student-athletes, assistant coaches, and other support staff while promoting sportsmanship and responsible behavior both during and outside of athletic competition.
- Work closely with the athletic training staff to ensure the health and safety of student-athletes.
- Encourage and promote excellence in academics from student-athletes, in collaboration with various academic support services.
- Assist in the effort to recruit quality student-athletes from geographically and demographically diverse populations. Travel to evaluate prospective student-athletes. Arrange all campus visitations in collaboration with the Office of Enrollment Management.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Two years coaching at the collegiate level and/or four years competing in track and field/cross country at the collegiate level required.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Commitment to student-athlete welfare, academic success, NCAA/University rules.
- Valid Driver's License or reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the university is required.
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.