Under the general supervision of the Head Men's and Women's Track and Field and Cross Country Coach, the Assistant Men's and Women's Track and Field and Cross Country Coach will be responsible for assisting with the operation and management of all aspects of the program, including but not limited to: scheduling, budgeting, recruiting, fundraising, practice and competition planning, student-athlete development, monitoring student-athlete academic progress, hosting camps, and community engagement. All work will be done in accordance with university, conference, and NCAA regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the overall management, leadership and execution of the Men's and Women's Track and Field and Cross-Country program, fostering a positive educational and competitive environment on and off the competition surface.
- Execute all responsibilities in accordance with the NCAA, UW-Parkside, University of Wisconsin System, and UW-Parkside Foundation policies and procedures.
- Assist with monitoring and proactively providing support toward academic success of student-athletes.
- Commitment to operating all aspects of the program in compliance with NCAA rules and regulations.
- Assist in planning and execution of team travel.
- Collaborate with strength and conditioning coaches on a strength and conditioning program.
- Attend staff meetings, compliance education sessions, and development opportunities.
- Assist with budget management and revenue generation, including camps, and clinics.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience as a Track and Field student-athlete or coach at the college level.
- Experience coaching one or more of the following areas (Sprints, Hurdles, Jumps, Multis).