Under the general supervision of the Head Men's and Women's Track and Field and Cross Country Coach, the Assistant Men's and Women's Track and Field and Cross Country Coach will be responsible for assisting with the operation and management of all aspects of the program, including but not limited to: scheduling, budgeting, recruiting, fundraising, practice and competition planning, student-athlete development, monitoring student-athlete academic progress, hosting camps, and community engagement.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience as a Track and Field student-athlete or coach at the college level.
- Experience coaching one or more of the following areas (Sprints, Hurdles, Jumps, Multis).
- Assist in planning and execution of team travel.
- Collaborate with strength and conditioning coaches on a strength and conditioning program.
- Attend staff meetings, compliance education sessions, and development opportunities.
- Assist with budget management and revenue generation, including camps, and clinics.
- Represent the athletics department through collaboration with a variety of campus groups.
- Represent UW-Parkside as appropriate with the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC) and the NCAA. Consistent with NCAA Bylaw 11 and institutional procedures, Coach understands and agrees that if Coach is found in violation of any NCAA or conference legislation or fails to report a violation, he/she shall be subject to disciplinary or corrective action as set forth in the provisions of the NCAA enforcement procedures, including suspension without pay or termination of employment for significant or repetitive violations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.