The Assistant Track & Field Coach will support the Director of Cross Country/Track & Field in overseeing all aspects of the men’s and women’s cross country and track & field (indoor and outdoor) programs in accordance with NCAA, American Athletic Conference, and University rules and regulations.
- Assist the head coach in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team practices and trainings with emphasis on the women’s 800-meter thru the 10,000-meter events.
- Serve as a positive role model for student-athletes.
- Assist the Head Coach, as directed, in the recruitment of student-athletes in accordance with NCAA rules and university standards.
- Assist, as appropriate, in planning and arranging team travel; may coordinate personnel and equipment transportation and accommodations.
- Assist, as appropriate, in scheduling of team meets.
- Establish a productive, well-rounded environment which stresses the importance of academics in conjunction with athletics.
Bachelor’s degree; 1-2 years of experience coaching cross country/track & field (preferably at the Division I level); demonstrated successful experience coaching 800-meter thru the 10,000-meter events and/or competitive experience in the aforementioned distances.
The University does not discriminate on the basis of personal status or group characteristic including, but not limited to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, or marital status. The University of Tulsa is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/ Veteran.