The Assistant Track & Field Coach will support the head cross country/track & field coach in overseeing all aspects of the men’s and women’s track & field (indoor and outdoor) programs in accordance with NCAA, American Athletic Conference, and University rules and regulations.
- Assist the head coach in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team practices, trainings, and competitions..
- Serve as a positive role model for student-athletes.
- Assist the Head Coach, as directed, in the recruitment of student-athletes in accordance with NCAA rules and university standards
- Assist, as appropriate, in planning and arranging team travel; may coordinate personnel and equipment transportation and accommodations.
- Assist, as appropriate, in scheduling of team meets.
- Establish a productive, well-rounded environment which stresses the importance of academics in conjunction with athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree; 1-2 years of experience coaching cross country/track & field (preferably at the Division I level);
- Demonstrated successful experience coaching sprints and/or hurdles and/or jump events and/or competitive experience in the aforementioned areas.