Towson University, a Division I member of the Colonial Athletic Association, is accepting applications for an Assistant Coach, Cross Country, Track & Field. This position, under the direction of the head coach, teaches and provides instruction in the sports of track and field and cross country and assists in the planning, promotion, and administration of quality Division I track and field and cross country programs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assists in all aspects of practice and meet coaching.
- Provides skill instruction for student-athletes, including individual sessions, small groups, and total team training.
- Assists with oversight of student-athlete academic progress and eligibility and community service/outreach.
- Recruits prospective student-athletes for the the university and Division I program.
- Develops contacts and relationships with pertinent cross country/track & field clubs/organizations and high school coaches/programs; maintains an efficient and effective tracking and evaluation system.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One year of experience coaching cross country, track & field at the camp/clinic, high school, or collegiate level.
- Technical knowledge and skills regarding cross country and track & field.
- Knowledge and understanding of university, conference, and NCAA rules/regulations/requirements.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to train and recruit at the Division I collegiate level.
- Ability to accept and carry out assigned program and responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with students, parents, faculty, staff, alumni, and the community.