- Under the direction of the Head Coach of Cross Country and Track and Field, develops a quality Track & Field/Cross Country program to meet institutional, and NCAA qualifying criteria for National Championship competition.
- Assists with daily operations of Cross Country and Track and field Program, teaching and coaching in a manner that will promote excellence, growth and development, on an individual and team level.
- Participates in execution of team practices and individual workouts. Teaches concepts regarding physical well-being, team-building, and safety.
- Recruits quality student-athletes who possess extraordinary talent as well as personal beliefs and standards that are compatible with the mission of Seattle Pacific University.
- Monitors student-athletes academic standing to insure that normal progress toward a degree is being made. Teaching in a student learning around Falcon student-athlete goals and expectations.
- Assists in aspects of NCAA compliance, including but not limited to grade checks, practice reports, and official visit forms.
- Arranges for and manage all aspects of cross country and track and field team travel.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Previous experience in coaching track & field/cross country.
- Must be certified by program endorsed by the NCAA.
- The knowledge and technical skills necessary to accomplish the assigned task.
- A maturing and contagious Christian faith, knowledge of and the willingness to actively support the Christian mission of the University and accept the life-style standards of the Christian Community.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coaches, athletes, students, faculty, administration and the community.