The Assistant Coach, Cross Country, Track & Field will aid the head coach in providing leadership and organization for all phases of the operation of the program at Roosevelt in compliance with all national association and athletic conference rules and regulations. Responsibilities of the Assistant Coach include, but are not limited to, practice planning and assessment, supervision of practices and competitions, individual student-athlete instruction and evaluation, academic mentorship, recruitment of prospective student-athletes, and assistance with team travel.
This is a part-time, at-will, administrative exempt position that reports to the Head Coach, Cross Country, Track & Field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior experience in assigned program as a coach, participant or related role.
- Excellent organizational, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to service excellence by embodying Roosevelt’s core values, mission, and vision in every aspect of the role working with students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
- A positive and professional demeanor is a must.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook.