Willamette University announces a full-time position for an Assistant Track & Field Coach. The individual in this position assists the Head Coach in the planning, development, and execution of SPRINT/HURDLE/JUMP/MULTI programs and all other activities of the Track & Field and Cross Country Programs; supervises training in specified areas; assists the in the execution of practices, T&F and XC meets, and other competitive and training programs and events; assists in the teaching of principles and techniques to students; and assists with all aspects of
recruiting qualified prospects to the university.
- Assists with all aspects of the Track & Field and Cross Country programs.
- Recruits qualified student-athletes for admission to a demanding academic environment.
- Provides leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student-athletes, including counseling team members in academic, disciplinary and personal matters.
- Observes all conference, NCAA and university rules and regulations.
- Teaches the fundamental principles and techniques of Track & Field / Cross Country skills (i.e. competition, traditions and sportsmanship) as well as the philosophy of the sport.
- Projects and promotes an inclusive educational environment.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent required.
- At least three years of successful NCAA Track & Field coaching experience.
- Thorough knowledge of all applicable NCAA Division III and Conference rules as they apply to Track & Field and Cross Country.
- Must be able to successfully articulate the values of a liberal arts education and the role intercollegiate athletics plays in the development of student athletes.
- Ability to recruit outstanding student-athletes to a strong academic environment.
- Ability to effectively teach and coach students in both an individual and team setting.
- Must demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills and must be able to work effectively with staff, faculty and other members of the University.