This position is responsible to coach student athletes while also ensuring all operations for the men's golf team are completed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program, to include adhering to all departmental policies and procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the University, the Southeastern Conference and the NCAA.
- Assists in coaching student-athletes, which includes evaluating their performance in both practice and competition, and providing leadership and instruction in areas of deficiencies, as required.
- Responsible for coordinating all operations for the program, including scheduling, purchasing, travel, etc.
- Assists with the scouting and recruitment of prospective student-athletes, including on-campus visits as well as recruiting travel.
- Monitors the conditioning and training of student-athletes, in conjunction with the Strength & Conditioning and Athletic Training staff.
- Counsels team members in academic, disciplinary and personal matters, to include consulting with Student Services, Compliance and other appropriate administrators to resolve problems.
- Assists in coordination of team and individual practice sessions, including practice for non-traveling team members.
- Responsible for management of home tournament(s) hosted at the Vanderbilt Legends Club.
- Oversees annual fundraising event - Vandy Golf Day.
- Serves as camp director and oversees all aspects of summer golf camp.
- Provides assistance to communication liaison with regards to program information including content for program website and social media platforms.
- A Bachelor’s degree is necessary.
- Competitive college golf and/or professional golf experience is preferred.