The University of Cincinnati (UC), Department of Athletics seeks applications for an Assistant Coach in the Football program. This is a full-time position, salaried, with a comprehensive benefits package. As many as five vacancies may be filled.
- Direct involvement with several administrative and organizational aspects of a sport program under the supervision of the Head Coach (i.e., coaching, practice, recruiting, strategy, planning travel, team meals, etc).
- Execute all coaching assignments and administrative responsibilities. May analyze data, chart plays and tendencies.
- Maintain current knowledge of and adhere to all University, NCAA and Conference Rules and Regulations, Policies and Procedures paying special attention to recruiting, eligibility, admissions and financial aid.
- May supervise assigned positional student-athletes in a coordinated and planned program of practices and competition, with a concern for the players’ health and welfare, physical and psychological preparation.
- May recruit and/or coordinate the recruitment of prospective academically and athletically qualified student-athletes.
- Guide and actively encourage student-athletes to succeed academically, earn a degree and represent the university with integrity. Uphold all University academic policies and assist, when appropriate, in counseling student-athletes relative to academic success, progress and eligibility.
- May participate in public and alumni relations and promotions activities and assist in establishing and maintaining positive relations with the media.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Four (4) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
- Must be able to pass and maintain NCAA recruiting certification if required by sport program.
- Valid driver’s license.