The Assistant Football Coach is directly responsible for creating plays and schemes for game day. They are responsible for developing, evaluating, and producing a depth chart, directing the team during competition; conducting team meetings; and implementing schedules.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coach student-athletes including all team practices, scheduled games/competitions, and post season.
- Assist in game preparation and strategy.
- Assist with conditioning and training athletes in order to develop skill, character and teamwork in football.
- Recruit high quality student-athletes.
- Monitor assigned student-athletes’ academic progress including student welfare and encouraging academic excellence and eventual graduation.
- Assist the head coach and defensive/offensive coordinator in management of the football program including; program planning, ensuring that all University, conference and NCAA rules and regulations are followed including student-athlete eligibility, recruiting, financial aid policies and all fiscal policies are adhered to.
- Adhering to NCAA and Pac-12 conference rules.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and travel as needed.