The University of Pikeville in Pikeville, Kentucky seeks a dynamic and creative Football Assistant interested in supporting and directing the University’s football program under the direction of the Head Coach. This is an exceptional opportunity for a motivated and accomplished professional to join a progressive athletics team and innovative university environment.
- Assist in the management and supervision of athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions, to promote individual growth in athletic skills, leadership, teamwork, discipline, respect, and good sportsmanship.
- Collaborate with faculty and key leaders on campus to support the academic success of student-athletes.
- Participate in the recruitment and scouting process of all prospective football players.
- Assist in scheduling and conducting all practice sessions and games, both home and away.
- Ensure all football coaches work together toward a common goal within the football program and provide unity within the community.
- Participate in game planning in conjunction with Head Coach.
- Oversee certain assistant coaches, managers, volunteers, and work-study students to direct their duties under the guidance of the Head Coach.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience coaching or playing at the collegiate level is required.
- Recruiting experience is also required.
- Previous experience managing budgets is preferred.
- Familiarity with editing products and equipment is also preferred.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Must have experience working with office equipment, e.g. computer, fax machine, copier, and telephone.