The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Assistant Football Coach will be responsible for assisting the Head Football Coach in the management and administration of the Football program.
- Coaches the player positions in meetings, practice sessions and workouts. Assists in coaching during athletic events. Attends coaches’ preparatory meetings and implements competition strategies.
- Develops a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport, and maintains thorough and continual familiarity with all applicable University and NCAA rules and regulations
- Recruits local and national student-athlete prospects
- Responsible for film breakdown and computer analysis
- Liaison to the Equipment Room
- Speaking at organized alumni functions
- Interactive in University sponsored on-campus activities
- Promotion and public relations with Golden Canes, Silver Canes, Hurricane Club and alumni groups
- Involved in promoting Living Scholar community relations at University of Miami sponsored banquets
- Public relations and direct aid and development of high school coaches
- Promotion and support of the University Mentor program
- Media relations and interviews
- Organization of spring football practices and high school sponsored coaching clinic
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with NCAA, Atlantic Coast Conference, institutional and departmental policies and procedures.
Bachelors degree required. Minimum 5 years experience required in intercollegiate athletics and/or NFL. Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations required.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.