The Assistant Coach I, Football - Defensive Line, at the University of Delaware is a valued member within the University and Department of Athletics, Community & Campus Recreation (DACCR), upholding and embracing the departmental mission of ‘Achieving Excellence Together’.
- Instructs, organizes and executes daily practice and game plans/preparations.
- Coaches/Instructs student-athletes in the technical aspects of the game.
- Recruit qualified student-athletes for the University, including but not limited to correspondence and contacts with club and high school coaches and prospects, coordinating and facilitating visits, evaluation of practice and competition, working camps and clinics that align with program needs, and assist with maintenance of database.
- Assist with organization and management of travel and equipment budget/needs.
- Represents University to high school coaches, guidance counselors, alumni, parents and prospective student-athletes.
- Assists with film/video analysis, both for scouting and preparation for upcoming opponents and for recruiting evaluation of talent, as assigned by Head Coach.
- Bachelor’s degree in coaching related curriculum or acceptable equivalent field, and one year collegiate coaching or playing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Willingness to comply with NCAA rules (Division I familiarity preferred).
- Advanced knowledge of skills and strategies, as well as specialized knowledge of sport required.
- .Ability to foster a cooperative work environment and work collaboratively with staff and student-athletes, as well as ability to work independently, when required.
- Ability to read and follow technical instructions and manuals and make administrative procedural decisions and judgments.