Lake Erie College, a small, co-educational, four-year, independent liberal arts college located in Painesville, OH, 30 miles east of Cleveland, invites applications for the part-time position of assistant coach, football. Lake Erie College is an NCAA Division II program that competes in the Great Midwest Athletic Conference (GMAC). The primary and most important responsibility of a coach is developing student-athletes.
- Coordinates and manages all aspects of position assignment as directed by the head coach.
- Performs planning, organization and execution for on-the-field coaching duties as described and assigned by the head coach for all practice sessions and competitions.
- Functions in game-day organization and assignments as prescribed by the head coach.
- Evaluates opponents and develops a game plan, in accordance with position(s) assignment, as prescribed by the head coach.
- Performs recruiting activities and responsibilities, as assigned by the head coach and/or football recruiting coordinator, to meet the objectives of the College and team, including evaluation, contact and establishing relationships with prospective student-athletes and coaches.
- Attends all staff meetings as scheduled by the head coach.
- Assists in the development of team rules and policies.
- Supports, abides by and enforces all academic guidelines and policies of the College, athletics department and football program to ensure academic progress of the student-athlete as directed by the head coach.
- Assists with administrative functions of the football program as directed by the head coach.
- Professional or Collegiate playing experience.
- Collegiate or High School coaching experience.
- Bachelor's degree.