The Assistant Coach, Football will aid the head coach in providing leadership and organization for all phases of the operation of the program at Roosevelt in compliance with all national association and athletic conference rules and regulations. Responsibilities of the Assistant Coach include, but are not limited to, practice planning and assessment with a focus on the team’s offense, supervision of practices and competitions, individual student-athlete instruction and evaluation, academic mentorship, recruitment of prospective student-athletes, and assistance with team travel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Prior experience in assigned program as a coach, participant or related role.
- Excellent organizational, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to service excellence by embodying Roosevelt’s core values, mission, and vision in every aspect of the role working with students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
- A positive and professional demeanor is a must.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Aid the head coach in facilitating team practices and competitions providing real-time feedback to student-athletes to instruct and motivate to improve their skill-set.
- Ensure student-athlete safety and welfare during practices and competitions.
- Occasionally assist with scheduling, event management and team travel to competitions.
- Provide post-practice assessment to gauge individual student-athlete and team progress towards established goals.
- Assist Head Coach with development of strategies for installment during practices and execution during scheduled competitions.