Responsible for coaching student athletes and assisting in the support the intercollegiate football program within the guidelines, rules, and regulations of Robert Morris University, the Big South Conference, and the NCAA.
- Coordinate activities as the Assistant Coach, Running Backs.
- Responsible for assisting with the overall game planning and direction of the offensive unit of the football team.
- Supports the direction, and provides instruction of, the running back position on the fundamentals, details and strategies.
- Counsel student athletes in sport participation, personal development and academics.
- Work with the Admissions Office to enroll student-athletes.
- Travels to evaluate prospective student athletes, as needed.
- Assist and fundraising duties as needed.
- Ensure program compliance with all University, Big South Conference, and NCAA rules, including completion of required Compliance documentation and timely reporting of all known violations to the Director of Athletics or Director for Compliance.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least three years of coaching in the sport of football at the collegiate level required.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Commitment to student-athlete welfare, academic success, University/NCAA rules.
- Significant judgement and discretion. Makes decisions about offensive strategy as well as selection of student-athletes.
- Ability to drive or have reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the University.
- Ability to be available by phone and email after typical business hours.
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.